Crop's NV - Sustainability Manager
At Crop’s, we are committed to protect the future.
As a food business, we understand our impact on the environment and society, and prioritize sustainability and responsibility in all aspects of our operations, we call it: TRUST.
TRUST is built in several ways, such as high-quality and healthy products to enjoy, sustainable investments, transparent communication and valued partnerships.
To keep focus, we prioritize 3 key areas and 9 objectives.
To support implementation and integration of TRUST in all our production sites and departments, we are looking for a passionate Sustainability Manager.
Our Sustainability Manager becomes an ambassador who propagates our sustainability objectives throughout the entire organization, locally in the head office in Ooigem, as well as internationally in the production sites. You will be responsible for collecting and managing the data and information needed to further substantiate and implement our sustainability strategy and to show our progress. You will be the topic expert manager.
- You are responsible to follow up the implementation of Crop’s Sustainability Strategy TRUST in our different production sites for fruit and vegetables.
- You will visit the sites and be in regular contact with the local teams
- You support the sites in creating a local sustainability action plan
- You facilitate exchange of best practices in our network to inspire the teams to take action
- You follow up progress according to the plans and report back on corporate level
- You will regularly collect, monitor and report sustainability performance data.
- You will support implementation of a reporting tool to calculate Crop’s full scope carbon footprint and prepare for CSRD.
- You will inform the stakeholders of any anomalies and you will help them find solutions to stay on the right track.
- You will gather, summarize and share the necessary knowledge both internally and externally:
- You are the point of contact for sustainability related questions from customers and other stakeholders
- You will prepare the content for our sustainability report and other external communication (ex. Websites,….)
- You will be creative to keep internal stakeholders informed, present in team meetings, organize webinars, write blog posts, ….
- You work with our group of ambassadors to coordinate sustainability initiatives in the office.
- You have a master’s degree in MSc in environmental bioengineering or other technical/environmental area and you can convince us of your passion for sustainability in the food industry
- You have 3-5 years of relevant work experience.
- You are curious and eager to learn and have a healthy critical attitude.
- You are an analytical thinker who knows how to handle data in a structured and accurate way. You also have the necessary agility to approach problems pragmatically.
- You have an enterprising nature: you make active contributions to colleagues and offer solutions. You think outside the box to resolve problems and take initiatives to explore new ideas.
- You are a team player and a good communicator: You find it easy to expand your network, but you also know how to listen to internal stakeholders (sales, marketing, operations, …) and external stakeholders (customers, the government, experts, …) to really understand their needs.
- You have an international mindset and a good knowledge of Dutch, English and French.
- As change manager, you communicate openly and diplomatically, with persuasiveness and impact, and maintain good relations with all interest groups in the organization
- You work in a structured way and are able to supervise multidisciplinary teams without direct supervision
- You are willing to travel regularly
- You have pedagogical skills to raise awareness among staff and board members about sustainable development and motivate them to engage in it
- You are patient because the social and environmental transformation of a company is a long-term process
- Joining an international organization that has established a clear position in the market thanks to vertical integration, innovation, entrepreneurship and quality awareness.
- An open and informal corporate culture where entrepreneurship, autonomy and creativity are encouraged.
- An independent and diverse role with the opportunity to continue to learn and grow.
- An attractive benefits package in line with your knowledge, experience and results including fixed salary and bonus scheme, a company car, allowances and insurance plans and other fringe benefits (home office policy, flextime policy, …).