Commercial Country Manager - Japan - Food Industry (M/F)
Will you take the lead of our new independent sales office in Tokyo?
Crop’s is a global leader in frozen fruits and vegetables and one of the most respected names in this industry. With its origin in Europe, the company manufactures, markets and distributes IQF fruits and vegetables as well as culinary meals to the entire food industry-retail chains, food manufacturers and food service businesses.
For Senior Commercial Talent, there’s never been a more exciting time to be at Crop’s. A respected European leader with a fast growing commercial footprint on every continent. A relentless focus on growth, performance and people continues to drive strategy and success. Our new independent sales office in Tokyo will support our ambitious plans for Japan. With our current small and dynamic local footprint, the quality of our products, constant New Product Development and the multicultural experience of our team, we are dedicated to our existing customer base while also destined to grow quickly, under the leadership of our first:
Commercial Country Manager – Japan – Food Industry (M/F)
This role will direct the strategic sales effort to win and maintain business and has responsibility for allocated – currently mainly Industry – accounts in the Japanese market. Reporting to the HQ in Belgium and based in Tokyo, the role will:
- lead and grow a currently small commercial team with multicultural members.
- actively participate in and develop sales strategies, communicate strategies and programs to the business, actively sell the value of the Crop’s Frozen Fruit and Vegetables products as well as build strong business to business relationships across all functions.
- develop and implement business plans which will include the identification of opportunities and achieve growth & profitability within the industry segment.
- interact with mid-to-senior levels of management within our customer’s organization to maintain and win new business, represent the needs of Japanese customers in Crop’s.
- prepare budgets and monitor budget levels for the Fruit and Vegetables segments and operate within budgetary guidelines. This role has direct sales responsibility for profit and loss of the customer base.
- an experienced commercial team leader or agent in the food business, ready to make his/her next step
- Japanese mother-tongue, excellent command of English
- proven experience of 10-18 years of commercial experience in Japan, interested to both lead a commercial team and a local legal entity
- a good general understanding of markets, products, processes, competitors and customers’ needs
- Demonstrates sustained success in meeting budget, goals & contributing to the growth of the business
- Results Driven, entrepreneurial
- Brings solutions to the tableµ
Your application will be treated in strict confidence by both Crop’s HR staff and Crop’s third party recruitment and selection suppliers.